- Providing an affordable and durable solution respectful of traditional construction methods
- Offering an environmentally friendly solution
- Training home individual builders and masons on how to use the block-making machines
To meet the challenges of urbanization in developing countries, housing and infrastructure construction must be based on techniques that are innovative, sustainable and respectful of traditional construction methods.
Made of 5 to 8% cement mixed with soil, LafargeHolcim solution called “DURABRIC” offers more durable, water resistant and esthetic homes than traditional clay bricks. They are also a more environmentally-friendly solution as, unlike clay bricks, they do not require burning, a practice that has harmed the local environment through deforestation and soil degradation.
Beyond the product itself, customers, developers and contractors have access to a complete package combining products and services:
- consulting on formulas and soil lab analysis with the support of Lafarge R&D Center,
- a training program on block-making,
- block-making machines
DuraBric also contributes to homes' insulation by preserving their thermal inertia. This produces affordable, comfortable and attractive housing for the low-income people.
Durabric offer is already available in:
- Sri Lanka
To learn more about DURABRIC and inquire about its availability in your country, visit us at www.durabric.com